Ballard Street Party
Friday, May 18
4 - 7 p.m.
Ballard's Bergen Place Park
22nd St. NW between Market St. and Ballard Ave. [map]
The annual Ballard Street Party carries the momentum of F5 Bike to Work Day into the evening. Cascade Bicycle Club transforms the heart of Ballard into a bike block party!
If you join us between 4 - 7 p.m., you can:
- Enter the free Bike Month drawing for a Raleigh Commuter Bike, Ortlieb bag, and RSVP 2 passes
- Join Cascade and get a pair of arm warmers from JL Velo (while supplies last) or a $5 discount
- Listen to live music and radio broadcast with great bands!
- Make bike art with the Cascade Bicycle Club Education Foundation
- Enjoy free samples from Clif Bar, Nuun and Theo Chocolate
- Check out an antique penny-farthing from MOHAI
- Test ride Dutch Bike Company's seven passenger conference bike
- Get free bike assistance from Bike Sport and Second Ascent
- Check out bikes, bags, apparel, and accessories from area vendors including Detours and Bern Helmets
- Enjoy New Belgium beer specials with us at the Balmar from 5 - 8 p.m.
We have once again teamed up with KEXP Radio's Hood to Hood Challenge, and this year we'll have a live music stage across from Bergen Place Park. KEXP will be onsite from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. with five bands playing throughout the day.
Following the music, at 6:30 p.m. come strut your stuff in our new "Share Your Style" Bike Fashion Show, presented in partnership with Hub and Bespoke. Anyone can participate; sign up in advance online, or day of the event from 6:15pm-6:30pm alongside the main stage. All styles are welcome, from Copenhagen chic to performance and safety oriented, you can show us what bike fashion means to you. Everyone who gets up on stage to share their style will receive a fashionable prize from our sponsors.
This event is put on in partnership with Seattle Summer Streets. Roll in after work or school to play in the streets with us!
Volunteer for the Celebration!
Volunteers power this party! To learn more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 852-6827.