Group Health Commute Challenge
May 1-31, 2012
We invite you to ride with us in the 2012 Group Health Commute Challenge throughout National Bike Month in May. To participate, you need only to start or join a team, commute at least four days throughout the month, and track your trips online. It's simple and fun!
If bicycle commuting is new to you, this is a great program to get you started. The workplace teams are a great source of information and inspiration to keep you riding throughout the month. For seasoned commuters, it's about the challenge. Challenge yourself to recruit new riders, challenge your workmates to ride more, and challenge other local businesses to be a part of the solution.
This year, we're rolling out some great new elements of the Commute Challenge:
- Group Health Commute Challenge website. It's simple, it's fun, and it has lots of new features.
- Captain of the Year and New Captain of the Year
- Blog feed, photo inspiration of the day and toolkits
- Mobile compatible
- Pre-populated data (your 2011 info will pop up when you register)
- Challenges within challenges
- Go head-to-head with other riders in Individual Challenges
- Captains can challenge other teams
- Businesses can challenge their peers, neighbors or competitors
- More server space!
Go to the Group Health Commute Challenge website.
Other commute challenges
There is so much bike love during May that it can’t be confined to just a single event or program or organization. Check out other programs going in your area.
Tacoma-Pierce County: Check out this action-packed Bike Month staged by Tacoma-Pierce County.
Cascade Bicycle Club is working for you every single day of the year: advocating for safer streets and bike-friendly workplaces, educating cyclists of all ages and abilities, and organizing hundreds of recreational rides. To recognize riders who support our mission through membership, we will have weekly prize drawings among member participants. So what are you waiting for? Join us today!
Sign up a team today!